Hi, I am Sampada Bhalerao. I am a musician and music teacher living in Sammamish, WA, USA. I teach Hindustani Classical Music.
My specialties are Sitar and Indian Classical singing. I teach both of these arts to children as well as adults.
Sampada's BioSampada Bhalerao started her Hindustani classical vocal and Sitar training at an early age with her mother in India. Currently she is learning vocal music with Dr. Vikas Kashalkar and learning sitar with Dr. Ravindra Gadgil.
Sampada has an M. S. degree in Information Systems Management from Seattle Pacific University, USA, and a B. E. in Computer Engineering from Shivaji University, India.
Sampada has performed at various venues in Seattle area including the Northwest Folklife Festival, EMP, SAM, Asian Art Museum, and at various functions conducted by the India Association of Western Washington and the Seattle Maharashtra Mandal including BMM Chicago (in Chicago).
- Museum of History And Industry (MOHAI) Seattle November 2019
- TaalKraman with Mukta Raste for Pratidhwani August 2019
- Folklife Festival with students performance May 2019
- SurSarita Pune, India January 2019
- Indian Performing Arts Project November 2018
- Kathak and Tap Jugalbandi Show with Tim Hickey and Antara Datta, Sponsored by 4Culture
- Welcoming India's Ambassador to US, Dr. S. Jaishankar, to IAFF Seattle Event, May, 2014
- Folklife Festival 2014
- Evergreen School Culture Show 2013
- Folklife 2012, 2013
- Guru Dr. Sharad Gadre Memorial Diwali Concert 2012
- Kashish by Pratidhwani 2012
- BMM 2011 at Chicago Convention Center
- Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle, USA - May 2011 (Solo)
- Rabindra Sangeet Sammelan, Vancouver BC, Canada - April 2011
- Bollywood Lights with Vadyavrinda - Dec. 2010
- Concert in Pune with Dr. Vikas Kashalkar and Shri. Hemant Pendase July 2010 (Solo)
- Northwest FolkLife Festival 2010 - Seattle (Solo)
- BMM Convention July 2009 - Philadelphia (Vadyavrinda Group)
- IAWW Spring Program May 2009 - Baha'i Center, Bellevue (Vadyvrinda Group)
- Ustav October 2008 - Seattle Center (Solo)
- Northwest Folklife May 2007 - Central Hall, Seattle Center (Solo)
- IAWW Spring Concert May 2007 - Crossroads Community Center, Bellevue (Solo)
- BMM Convention July 2007 - Washington Convention Center, Seattle (Vadyavrinda Group)
- Northwest Folklife May 2006 - McCaw Hall, Seattle Center (Solo)
- Northwest Folklife May 2005 - EMP, Seattle (Solo)
Contact Information:Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send mail to Kuntal Roy (Tabala Teacher and Accompaniment)
Thank you for visiting my page and please come back.