Hi, I am Sampada Bhalerao. I am a musician and music teacher living in Sammamish, WA, USA. I teach Hindustani Classical Music.
My specialties are Sitar and Indian Classical singing. I teach both of these arts to children as well as adults.
Contact Information:Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Samapda Bhalerao is a musician trained in North Indian Classical music. She was born and brought up in India, and has settled in the Seattle area (East Side) for the past 30 years. She is a Sitar player and a vocalist. She started learning Sitar as well as vocal music with her mother at an early age, followed by various well known musicians in India as well as the US. She is currently learning with Sitar virtuoso Dr. Ravi Gadgil and musicologist Dr. Vikas Kashalkar in India. She has now established herself as a performing artist and a music teacher. She has performed at various venues in the Pacific Northwest region, such as the Northwest Folklife Festival, EMP, Museum of History and Industry, Seattle Art Museum, SAAM, Bellevue City Hall, Bainbridge Art Museum etc. She has performed in support of various causes such as Indo-American Friendship Forum, Path, IACSWA, and various political meet and greets, music workshops, and music shows. She has also performed for Seattle Maharashtra Mandal many times and BMM Chicago (solo), BMM Philadelphia (orchestra).
She is the founder of the Pacific School of Indian Music where she teaches Indian Classical Music to children and adults. She also serves on the board of Ragamala Seattle, a non-profit organization for promoting Indian Classical Music.
Sampada has an M. S. degree in Information Systems Management from Seattle Pacific University, USA, and a B. E. in Computer Engineering from Shivaji University, India.
- 'Song on Sitar' for 'Jeevan Jyoti', NY, on-line concert, August 2021
- 'Sitar with Sampada' Bainbridge Island Museum of Art, July 2021
- 'Jalasa', Gopal Gayan Samaj, Pune India, January 2020
- 'Sur Sarita 2020', Pune India, Jannuary 2020
- Museum of History And Industry (MOHAI) Seattle November 2019
- TaalKraman with Mukta Raste for Pratidhwani August 2019
- Folklife Festival with students performance May 2019
- SurSarita Pune, India January 2019
- Indian Performing Arts Project November 2018
- Kathak and Tap Jugalbandi Show with Tim Hickey and Antara Datta, Sponsored by 4Culture
- Welcoming India's Ambassador to US, Dr. S. Jaishankar, to IAFF Seattle Event, May, 2014
- Folklife Festival 2014
- Evergreen School Culture Show 2013
- 'AshtaPrahar' August 2013
- Folklife 2012, 2013
- Guru Dr. Sharad Gadre Memorial Diwali Concert 2012
- Kashish by Pratidhwani 2012
- BMM 2011 at Chicago Convention Center
- Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle, USA - May 2011 (Solo)
- Rabindra Sangeet Sammelan, Vancouver BC, Canada - April 2011
- Bollywood Lights with Vadyavrinda - Dec. 2010
- Concert in Pune with Dr. Vikas Kashalkar and Shri. Hemant Pendase July 2010 (Solo)
- Northwest FolkLife Festival 2010 - Seattle (Solo)
- BMM Convention July 2009 - Philadelphia (Vadyavrinda Group)
- IAWW Spring Program May 2009 - Baha'i Center, Bellevue (Vadyvrinda Group)
- Ustav October 2008 - Seattle Center (Solo)
- Northwest Folklife May 2007 - Central Hall, Seattle Center (Solo)
- IAWW Spring Concert May 2007 - Crossroads Community Center, Bellevue (Solo)
- BMM Convention July 2007 - Washington Convention Center, Seattle (Vadyavrinda Group)
- Northwest Folklife May 2006 - McCaw Hall, Seattle Center (Solo)
- Northwest Folklife May 2005 - EMP, Seattle (Solo)
Thank you for visiting my page and please come back.